Summer Sales Figures
Summer comes with high temperatures that put more stress on vehicles. The result is greater sales opportunities for new vehicles as well as maintenance and repair services. However, as the automotive sales demand grows, most dealerships are ill-prepared to handle the large influx of business with the highest level of customer service. In consequence, sales figures can decrease even though demand is robust. This is when you know that it is time to RESET operations with Jeff Cowan’s Pro Talk Reset strategies.
Summer Training Opportunity
When numbers begin dropping in the summer, it is the best time to integrate training that will prepare service advisors for the upcoming season. That means one of the best opportunities to secure sales competitive advantages in the fall and winter months is with summer sales advisor training. Take advantage of the seasonal decrease in service by scheduling sales advisors training.
Key Steps to Reset and Secure Robust Sales any time of the year
- Identify the numbers that have fallen – what caused this number to drop?; identify the root cause
- What are we doing differently? – did a change in business cause us to do anything different?
- Take corrective action – identify the problem and implement corrective action. Reset to the conditions of previous success while considering new opportunities for growth
- Train – the most successful people are trained people. Sales managers that dedicate themselves to career-long training have an advantage because the industry is under constant change
- Really Reset – it is important to consider schedule changes, such as coming in early and leaving work later. Just a little extra time dedicated to the first four steps can really help you reset